Friday 1 April 2011

Slightly Better Denim Nails

I've had a go at doing denim nails before, but the pictures were embarrassingly bad so I'm trying again with a better camera.

I started out with three coats of Constance Carroll 332 Blue Candy, which is still a nice light silvery blue and a good base for the denim. Here's a better pic than last time.

Constance Carroll Blue Candy Swatch
Constance Carroll Blue Candy Swatch. Again.

I found a paintbrush with stiffish bristles and stippled over the base with Superdrug MUA Shade 1. A small amount of white acrylic paint was gently sponged over the dark blue, then more of the Blue Candy was sponged over the top. I squished the layers of colour down with my fingers to smooth it out a bit and got a bit messy.

Denim Nails Stages
Apply dark blue, the some white, then some more light blue. Messy.

Not a lot of Konad Abuse today, just a quickie on each ring finger. Today's Konading Combo is Bundlemonster BM08 and some Konad White Special Polish. The centre of the flower was filled with Saffron Colour 13 (silver) and the petals were quickly shaded with some Orly Winter Wonderland.

Slightly Better Denim Nails
Slightly Better Denim Nails

I originally applied a matte top coat but it made the blues look really dull so I put some clear nail varnish over the top to give it a satiny effect. Looked OK after that, and matched me jeans, yay.

4 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Please don't post links to your blog or your comment will be deleted. Ta.