Wednesday 20 April 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different

Needed a break from all those dark colours and required something really girlie and pale and pink. Something like Boots 17 High Gloss Pinking Shear.

Boots 17 High Gloss Pinking Shear Swatch
Boots 17 High Gloss Pinking Shear Swatch

Hmmm, bit of a messy application there. Pinking Shear, as the name suggests, is a very pale pink that is sheer. It has a bit of a pearly finish which seemed to make application a bit difficult, and was far too sheer for my liking -- I had to chuck on four coats before it looked a bit more :) I was also glad that I'd whitened me tips before applying.

Wanted a simple, subtle Konad job today, involving pretty things and some glitter. The fauxnad GCOCL A01 plate stepped up and said hello and gave me flower.

Boots 17 High Gloss Pinking Shear Swatch and Fauxnad GCOCL A01
Bit of Konad, bit of glitter, oooh this is quite nice actually.

I used Konad Special White polish for the stamping and went over the stamped-on flowers with some Saffron Colour 04, a glitter polish which has bits of blue, green and orange glitter in it that reminds me of fairy's wings. And there we go - girlie nails on someone who is really, really ungirlie. I really like them as well, they make a nice change :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Please don't post links to your blog or your comment will be deleted. Ta.